New Mexico’s Sierra County is home to nearly 12,000 residents as of the 2010 US Census, and is home to Spaceport America, a complex which has been described as the world’s very first commercial spaceport. Virgin Galactic and SpaceX are the most current tenants, while Armadillo Aerospace and UP Aerospace have also taken up residency in the past.
The county seat for Sierra County is Truth or Consequences (referred to by locals as “T or C”), with the other city in the county being Elephant Butte. The county is amongst the most spacious, with there being 3 individuals per every square mile of this 4,236 square mile county.
A Place for Multi-Generational Families
The vast majority of those living within the borders of Sierra County are married couples. However, a large percentage of individuals are living alone and are 65 years or older.
- 47.5% of households are married couples living together
- 20.4% of households have children under the age of 18
- 19.3% of households are individuals living alone and who are 65 years of age or older
Financial Fraudsters Attacking Our Most Vulnerable Loved Ones
There are a few different forms of elder abuse from which we at the Ruhmann Law Firm help protect our older community members. These may include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
One of the most common forms of elder abuse which we have helped combat, however, is financial abuse. Financial abuse can take many forms, including:
- Mail fraud
- Telemarketing scams
- Being sold bogus items
- A caretaker receiving unauthorized access to funds
- A caretaker receiving funds through influence or fraudulent means
- The use of fraudulent legal documents
- Being charged excessive money for a product or service
- Offering false prizes
It is also not uncommon for older individuals who are still living at home to be subjected to unsolicited home repair work which they then feel pressured paying for.
How You Can Protect Your Loved Ones
If you suspect that your loved one is being financially exploited in any way, you should do the following:
- Contact bank personnel
- Contact law enforcement
- Contact Adult Protective Services
- Contact us
Our team of personal injury attorneys here at the Ruhmann Law Firm have helped numerous elderly persons and their families hold the individuals responsible accountable for the abuse.
We work tirelessly to make sure that injured parties receive the compensation they deserve. If you suspect that your older loved one is being subjected to any form of elder abuse, we invite you to give us a call at (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Sierra County
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Sierra County, NM
Total Est. Time: 1 h 30 mins
Total Est. Distance: 86 mi
- Head southwest on NM-51 W toward Co Rd Ao08
- Turn left onto N Date St
- Continue onto Main Ave
- Continue onto N Broadway St
- Merge onto I-25 S
- Take exit 6 for US-70 toward Las Cruces/Alamogordo
- Turn right onto US-70 W/N Main St
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn left onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005