Personal Injury Lawyers El Paso County, Texas
Situated at the westernmost tip of the state of Texas is El Paso County. Originally known as “El Paso del Norte” (or “The Pass of the North”) El Paso is named after the pass which the Rio Grande river has naturally forged through the mountains as it travels from Colorado through to the Gulf of Mexico. The county was officially created in 1850, though was not fully formed until 20 years later.
El Paso County encompasses a number of major cities, including El Paso, Horizon City, Socorro and San Elizario. The unincorporated communities of Newman and Montana Vista are also located within the county borders. More than 800,000 people resided in this county in 2010, marking a population increase of more than 100,000 individuals over the course of a decade.
Wrongful Death Cases in New Mexico
A number of wrongful death cases have hit the media over recent years, from medical malpractice suits to fatal car accidents involving DUIs and texting while driving. This has left many asking what is considered a wrongful death, who can file, and when they should file a claim.
What Is Wrongful Death?
A death is considered wrongful when an individual has passed away due to the negligence of another, malpractice, or due to the inaction of another person.
Common reasons behind wrongful death cases involve accidents such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Defective pharmaceutical products
- Dog bites
- Airplane accidents
- Gunshot wounds
- Work injuries
- Who Can File a Wrongful Death Case?
The personal representative of the deceased individual’s estate is responsible for filing a wrongful death claim within three years of the deceased individual’s passing. This is typically a surviving spouse, or it can be an adult sibling. The court may also appoint a personal representative.
A fatality of any kind is painful for those left behind. But a fatality that is the result of someone else’s negligence can be confusing, enraging, and overwhelming. The attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm dedicate themselves to providing compassionate legal counsel to the family members and loved ones who have been affected by a wrongful death.
Our attorneys are available 24 hours a day and can be contacted on an emergency phone line which has been specifically created to help those affected by wrongful death.
If your life has been disrupted because of the unjust passing of a loved one, we invite you to call us to schedule a free and confidential initial consultation at (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our texas Personal Injury Attorneys from El paso county
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
El Paso County
Total Est. Time: 40 mins
Total Est. Distance: 248 mi
- Head south on Rene Dr toward La Von Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto La Von Ave
- La Von Ave turns slightly right and becomes Augusta Dr
- Turn right onto N Zaragosa Rd
- Turn left toward US-180 W/US-62 W/Montana Ave
- Slight right onto US-180 W/US-62 W/Montana Ave
- Turn right onto Joe Battle Blvd
- Merge onto TX-375 Loop E
- Take exit 30 for Texas 601 Spur W/Liberty Expwy
- Turn left onto TX-601 Spur (signs for El Paso Intl Airport)
- Take the exit onto US-54 W toward El Paso
- Take exit 21B toward Interstate 10 W/U.S. 180 W/Las Cruces
- Keep right at the fork to continue toward I-10 W/US-180 W
- Keep left, follow signs for I-10 W/US-180 W/Las Cruces and merge onto I-10 W/US-180 W
- Take exit 16 for Executive Center Blvd
- Turn right onto Executive Center Blvd
- Turn left onto N Mesa St
- Turn right onto Shadow Mountain Dr
- Turn right onto Silver Springs Dr
- Make a U-turn at Diamond Point Cir
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
5915 Silver Springs Drive Bldg #1
El Paso, TX 79912
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
- Las Cruces, NM
- Albuquerque, NM
- Pecos, TX
- Socorro, TX
- Alamogordo, NM
- Silver City, NM
- Deming, NM
- Fort Stockton, TX
- Dona Ana County, NM
- Hobbs, NM
- Sierra Blanca, TX
- Los Lunas, NM
- La Mesa, TX
- University Park, TX
- Carlsbad, NM
- Sierra County, NM
- Truth or Consequences, NM
- Otero County, NM
- Nogales, AZ
- Green Valley, AZ
- Tuscon, AZ
- Benson, AZ
- Pearce, AZ
- Eddy County, NM
- Lea County, NM
- Lincoln County, NM