Ruhmann Law Firm is a well-known legal resource for those who are harmed in a workplace accident or suffer any form of work injury in New Mexico. We provide our clients with the focused guidance that they need to understand all of the requirements that must be met to remain eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. From our office in El Paso, we offer comprehensive workers’ compensation services, including determining the presence of workers’ comp insurance, filing applications for benefits, appealing denials of benefits and addressing all other facets of the New Mexico workers’ compensation process.
Things To Know About Workers’ Compensation
When you come to our office for a consultation, our lawyers will help you understand all of your options and what to expect from the workers’ compensation process. This includes a discussion about work injury issues such as:
- Give your employer written notice of your injury. This must occur within a set time period in order for you to retain eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Do not wait for your employer to give you notice, forms or any additional documentation. You are solely responsible for providing notice, and any delay while waiting on your employer will only hurt your ability to obtain workers’ compensation.
- Keep a copy of your notice and all other documents. If you do not keep a copy, the originals can conveniently disappear and you may not have the documentation you need to support your claim.
- Go to a doctor or the emergency room as soon as you can. You should not wait for your employer to send you to the doctor.
- If you are fired or otherwise retaliated against for filing a workers’ compensation claim, do not stop going to your doctor. It is illegal for employers to fire you if you file for, or talk about filing for, workers’ compensation. Continue to receive the care you need, and come to us immediately so that we can file a wrongful termination claim on your behalf.
The most important thing you should know about workers’ compensation claims in New Mexico? Do not wait on your employer. You are responsible for obtaining care and documenting your situation, so be proactive. By calling our office and getting us involved in the process early, we can help you through all of these steps and help you understand exactly what you should be doing at any given time.
Ruhmann Law Firm also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Car Accident
- Dog Bite
- Elder Abuse
- Hit and Run Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse in New Mexico
- Oil Rig Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Texas Non-Subscriber Claims
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
Call (915) 845-4529 or complete our online form to arrange a free consultation with our New Mexico workers’ compensation attorneys. We also have an office in El Paso allowing us to provide convenient consultations to those who live in Texas but were injured while working in New Mexico.