Skilled Underride Accident Attorneys in El Paso And Las Cruces
Our Law Firm Handles Underride Accident Claims in El Paso and Las Cruces
At The Ruhmann Law Firm, our truck accident lawyers in El Paso and Las Cruces have the professional skills and proven legal experience to handle underride accident claims. With deep knowledge of both Texas law, New Mexico law, and federal trucking safety regulations, we are committed to helping injured victims get justice. Hurt in a collision with a commercial truck? You need top legal representation. Contact us today for a free consultation with an underride accident attorney in El Paso or an underride accident attorney in Las Cruces.
Underride Truck Accidents Pose a Serious Safety Risk
Underride truck accidents happen when a smaller vehicle slides underneath a commercial truck or, more often, the trailer. These accidents pose an incredibly serious safety risk to the occupants of standard-sized automobiles. In far too many cases, underride accidents result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to data cited in a report from PBS’s Frontline, 400 people are killed in the United States in semi-truck underride accidents each year.
How Do Truck Underride Accidents Happen?
Similar to most other types of commercial truck crashes, underride accidents are largely preventable. While there are many different factors that can contribute to these collisions, underride can generally be prevented when all parties take the proper safety precautions. Here are some of the most common causes of underride accidents:
- Lack of Adequate Underride Guards: Unfortunately, not all trucks are equipped with effective underride guards. Even when present, these guards can sometimes fail to withstand the force of a crash. Lack of adequate underride guards could be negligence.
- Braking Difficulties: Trucks have longer stopping distances than passenger vehicles. If a truck suddenly brakes, a car following closely might not have enough time to stop, resulting in an underride accident.
- Inadequate Lighting or Reflectors: If a truck lacks proper rear and side lighting or reflectors, it can become nearly invisible on the road at night.
- Driver Fatigue: Tired truck drivers might not react quickly enough to prevent an accident, or they might fail to notice vehicles in their path.
- Blind Spots: Large trucks have significant blind spots or “no-zones.” If smaller vehicles are in these areas, truck drivers might not see them, leading to potential collisions.
Who Can Be Held Legally Liable for an Underride Accident?
Legal liability in underride accidents can be complex. Often, the truck driver or trucking company is held responsible, especially if the truck lacked adequate safety equipment or if the driver was negligent. Manufacturers can also be liable if underride guards or other safety equipment were defectively designed or manufactured. If road conditions contributed to the accident, local governments or entities responsible for road maintenance might be at fault.
We Help Truck Accident Victims Maximize Their Financial Recovery
Were you or your family member involved in a truck underride crash in El Paso, Las Cruces, or elsewhere in Texas or New Mexico? It is imperative that you have the tools and resources to secure the full and fair financial compensation that you need to pay bills and support your family. At The Ruhmann Law Firm, we fight tirelessly to help ensure that victims are able to obtain the maximum available settlement or trial verdict. You may be entitled to monetary damages for:
- Property losses (vehicle repairs).
- Emergency medical care.
- Hospital bills.
- Physical therapy.
- Lost wages.
- Diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Long-term disability.
- Scarring; and.
- Wrongful death.
Why Trust Underride Accident Attorney Charles Julius Ruhmann IV
A semi-truck accident can be stressful, confusing, and chaotic. It is normal to have a lot of questions about your rights after an underride collision. Founded by Charles Julius Ruhmann IV, our core philosophy is straightforward: We are committed to providing victims and families with a real voice for justice. If you were involved in an underride crash in El Paso, Las Cruces, or elsewhere in Texas or New Mexico, we are more than ready to help. When you contact our legal team, you will be able to work with an underride accident lawyer who can:
- Listen to your story, review your case, and explain what comes next;
- Investigate your underride crash—gathering the evidence to prove liability/damages; and
- Craft a personalized strategy with a mission to ensure you get the best results.
Truck Accidents Resources:
Contact Our El Paso and Las Cruces Underride Accident Attorney Today
At The Ruhmann Law Firm, our semi-truck accident lawyers have the specialized legal expertise needed to take on all types of underride accident claims. Do not go up against insurance companies alone. Contact us today for a no-cost, no-commitment legal consultation. We handle underride accidents in El Paso, Las Cruces, and all across the surrounding region in Texas and New Mexico.