Speeding Accidents Lawyers in El Paso & Las Cruces
If you or a loved one has been injured in a speeding accident in El Paso or Las Cruces, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. A skilled El Paso auto accident attorney at the Ruhmann Law Firm can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
What is a Speeding Accident?
A speeding accident is any type of car accident in which one or more drivers were exceeding the posted speed limit. Speeding accidents are often more serious than other types of accidents, because drivers have less time to react and stop when they are traveling at high speeds.
Common Causes of Speeding Accidents
There are a number of factors that can contribute to speeding accidents, including:
- Reckless driving: Some drivers simply choose to ignore the speed limit and drive at excessive speeds.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted by their phones, passengers, or other activities are more likely to speed.
- Impaired driving: Alcohol and drug use can impair drivers’ judgment and coordination, making them more likely to speed.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions, such as potholes or slippery pavement, can make it more difficult for drivers to control their vehicles and maintain safe speeds.
Common Injuries from Speeding Accidents
Speeding accidents can result in a variety of injuries, including:
- Head injuries: Head injuries are some of the most common and serious injuries from speeding accidents. Head injuries can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries, which can have long-lasting or even permanent consequences.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can be devastating, causing paralysis and other life-changing disabilities.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are also common in speeding accidents, and can require surgery and physical therapy to heal properly.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries, such as bleeding and organ damage, can be difficult to diagnose and treat, and can sometimes be life-threatening.
What to Do After a Speeding Accident
If you are involved in a speeding accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911: Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, it is important to call 911 so that the police can investigate the accident and you can receive medical attention if needed.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s): Get the other driver(s)’ names, contact information, and insurance information.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene: This will help you document the damage to your vehicle and the surrounding area.
- Get witness statements: If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information and statements.
- Contact a speeding accident attorney: A skilled attorney can help you protect your legal rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How a Speeding Accidents Attorney Can Help
A speeding accident attorney can help you in a number of ways, including:
- Investigating the accident to determine who was at fault
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Representing you in court
Here are some additional benefits of choosing the Ruhmann Law Firm to represent you in your speeding accident case:
- We have a proven track record of success in winning cases for our clients.
- We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, so you do not have to pay us anything upfront unless we win your case.
- We are committed to providing our clients with personalized attention and support throughout the legal process.
Contact Our Speeding Accidents Attorney in El Paso & Las Cruces Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a speeding accident, contact our El Paso personal injury lawyer at Ruhmann Law Firm today for a free consultation. We have over 25 years of experience representing injured clients in El Paso, Las Cruces, and throughout the Southwest. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Resources:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Distracted Driver Accident
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- New Mexico Car Accidents
- New Mexico Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Rear-End Collisions
- Recreational Vehicle Accident
- School Zone Accident
- Senior Driver Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Texas And New Mexico Residents Injured in An Arizona Car Accident