Car Accident Lawyers in El Paso, Texas
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our auto accident attorneys in El Paso believe that if you have been injured in a traffic collision caused by another’s negligence, you should not be responsible for paying your medical bills out of pocket.
We also believe each expense that comes with your injuries, including lost wages and other costs associated with your care should be paid by the negligent party’s insurance coverage, so you can return to the quality of life you enjoyed before the crash — without compromising your financial standing.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are more concerned with their bottom line than your recovery and will work tirelessly to protect their profits, instead of your health and well-being.
As political protection grows for insurance providers, our Texas and New Mexico residents are placed at a disadvantage when trying to pursue financial recovery from their negligent policyholders. Our El Paso auto accident attorneys are here to remove the obstacles our residents face when pursuing financial recovery after their injuries, so they can get their lives back on track with the least amount of resistance from the insurers.
El Paso, Texas Car Crash Regulations: What You Need to Know
In El Paso, Texas, understanding the regulations surrounding car crashes is essential for both residents and visitors. The state of Texas has specific laws in place that govern how car accidents should be handled. First and foremost, all drivers involved in a car crash must stop at the scene, exchange information, and render assistance if necessary. Failure to do so can result in serious legal consequences.
Additionally, Texas follows a “fault” system when it comes to insurance claims, meaning that the at-fault party’s insurance typically covers the damages. It’s crucial to be aware of the minimum insurance requirements in Texas to ensure compliance.
Furthermore, if injuries or significant property damage occur, reporting the accident to the police is mandatory. This paragraph provides a brief overview of the key regulations surrounding car crashes in El Paso, serving as a starting point for anyone seeking information on the topic.
What to Do After a Car Accident in El Paso?
If you are involved in a car accident in El Paso, it is important to follow these steps:
- Stop and check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, it is important to file a police report.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. This includes your name, address, phone number, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. This includes damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved, as well as any skid marks or other evidence.
- Gather witness information. If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their names and contact information.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Do this as soon as possible after the accident.
How to Prove Fault After a Car Accident
Proving fault after a car accident can be complex, but it is important to do so in order to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. Here are some tips:
- Collect evidence at the scene of the accident. This includes taking pictures of the damage to both vehicles, the surrounding area, and any skid marks or debris. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information and statements.
- File a police report. This will document the accident and the officer’s findings.
- Contact your insurance company. They will investigate the accident and determine fault. Be sure to provide them with all of the evidence you have collected.
- If you are not satisfied with the insurance company’s findings, you may need to hire an attorney. They can help you gather additional evidence and build a strong case for fault.
What are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in El Paso, TX?
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our car accident lawyers in El Paso know that when negligence is a factor, collisions can happen anywhere.
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to spot a negligent driver on our roadways until it is too late.
Some of the most common causes of auto accidents in El Paso include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Eating, drinking, or reading behind the wheel
- Attending to passengers, including pets or small children
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
If your car accident with injuries in El Paso was caused by a negligent driver, our personal injury attorneys will review your case during a free consultation to determine the best legal options for pursuing the liable party for your financial recovery.
What are the Most Common El Paso Auto Accident Injuries?
No two automobile accidents and the resulting injuries in El Paso are identical. Likewise, the impact on each of our clients’ lives varies uniquely.
Your distinct situation and injuries might hinder your ability to work and engage in daily activities that were once effortless. This is why our auto accident lawyers in El Paso are dedicated to tirelessly pursuing the optimal resolution for our clients. Their lives have been altered due to negligence, and they are deserving of a complete recovery.
Some of the frequently observed auto accident injuries in El Paso encompass:
- Fractured or compressed bones
- Ruptured muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Joint ailments
- Internal bleeding
- Organ harm
- Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Limb amputation
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
If you’ve sustained injuries in a collision caused by a negligent driver, reach out to our auto accident attorneys in El Paso today. We can provide you with information about your legal choices and outline a personalized strategy aimed at achieving the most favorable financial outcome for your individual case.
Can the Ruhmann Law Firm Help if I am Involved in a Car Accident with a Semi-Truck in El Paso, Texas?
At Ruhmann Law Firm, our skilled auto accident lawyers in El Paso construct robust and personalized legal assertions on behalf of individuals who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others.
This encompasses individuals operating passenger vehicles and those riding in them, who sustain injuries in collisions involving large commercial trucks.
The distinguishing factor in such scenarios is the potential presence of multiple negligent entities that can be targeted to secure financial restitution for our clients. These parties could include the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer or maintenance provider of the truck, and even a third party responsible for the proper loading of the truck.
Given the intricacy of these cases, they can be challenging to pursue without legal representation. The parties at fault often possess formidable insurance companies and legal teams that may employ tactics to prolong the process, undervalue claims, or outright reject them.
Our auto accident attorneys in El Paso are committed to advocating for your financial recompense, both in and out of the courtroom. This way, you won’t find yourself overwhelmed by medical expenses and lost earnings that should rightfully be covered by the responsible party.
How Do I Choose the Right El Paso Car Accident Lawyer?
When faced with the aftermath of a car accident in El Paso, selecting the right attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Ruhmann Law Firm, a reputable legal practice in the area, specializes in car accident cases and is a strong contender for your representation.
To choose the right El Paso car accident lawyer, consider factors such as experience, expertise, and a track record of success in similar cases. Look for a lawyer who is well-versed in Texas’ car accident laws and regulations, and who has a history of securing fair compensation for their clients.
Moreover, take advantage of initial consultations to assess the attorney’s communication skills, willingness to listen to your concerns and the overall comfort level you feel when discussing your case. At Ruhmann Law Firm, our commitment to serving the El Paso community and dedication to achieving favorable outcomes for our clients make us a compelling choice for those seeking legal representation after a car accident.
El Paso Auto Accident Attorneys Help You Obtain Full and Fair Compensation
If you need an experienced El Paso auto accident attorney to help you stand up to massive insurance carriers after suffering an injury or losing a loved one in an auto accident in West Texas, Arizona, or Southern New Mexico, the Ruhmann Law Firm can help.
While all auto accidents with injuries are unique, there are many forms of financial recovery we may pursue on your behalf, including:
- Complete medical expenses, from emergency services to long-term care
- Medical device and prescription costs
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Current and future lost wages
- Partial or full disability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Our El Paso auto accident attorneys have earned recognition for working tirelessly for clients seeking monetary damages after an accident.
We provide the assertive advocacy, compassionate counseling, and trusted advice that you need during this difficult time to produce results, so you can focus on returning to the quality of life you enjoyed before the collision.
How Will the Ruhmann Law Firm Help Me Recover from My Car Accident in El Paso?
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our auto accident lawyers in El Paso take eligible cases with no upfront costs, which means if we do not win your case, you do not pay our attorney fees. But that is just the start of our partnership.
From the moment we take your case, our El Paso auto accident attorneys will:
- Route all communication with the insurance company through our offices
- Collect and preserve evidence, witness statements, and medical records to help build our case
- Submit all completed claims and demands to the negligent party’s insurance company
- Negotiate the terms of the claim with the insurance company to achieve the best settlement available for your unique case
- Prepare for trial when necessary
As our client, you will not have to speak with the insurance company without us by your side, so there will not have the opportunity to take advantage of you while you recover.
You can simply focus on getting your life back on track while we handle each detail of your case.
Will My El Paso Car Accident Case Go to Court?
Our El Paso auto accident attorneys pursue each injury case with a customized strategy to produce results for each client’s unique financial needs.
We focus on building a strong case for each client that forces the insurance company to provide a fair and just settlement that covers their complete recovery needs. In most cases, the insurance company will settle outside of court, which means we can close your case after securing the financial recovery you deserve.
In some cases, negotiations may break down when the insurer is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, which requires our experienced car accident lawyers in El Paso to pursue the best outcome for our clients inside the courtroom.
Our experienced litigators are always prepared to take on the insurance companies in court, but once they realize our case is stronger, they typically revert to offering a settlement before the court date arrives.
As your auto accident attorneys in El Paso, we will keep you updated throughout each step of your case, so you always know where we stand in the legal process, so you can focus on your future with confidence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Injury Claim in El Paso?
The statute of limitations for filing a auto accident injury claim is different in each state. These are the laws that outline how long an injury victim has to pursue a personal injury claim against the negligent party that caused their collision.
In the Southwest, the statute of limitations are as follows:
- In the State of New Mexico, auto accident injury victims have three years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party.
- In the State of Texas, auto accident injury victims have two years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party.
- In the State of Arizona, auto accident injury victims have two years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party.
No matter where your auto accident occurred, contact our skilled auto accident attorneys in El Paso, so we can ensure you are receiving the medical care you deserve as we prepare your case by fully investigating your accident’s circumstances.
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Accident Representation in El Paso, Texas
We provide experienced representation for plaintiffs injured in auto accidents throughout the Southwest, including Texas and New Mexico residents who have been injured in an Arizona auto accident.
Our full-service representation is especially beneficial in situations related to:
- Semi-truck accidents
- Texas car accidents
- Arizona car accidents
- New Mexico uninsured motorist claims
- Distracted driver accidents, including texting while driving and talking on a cellphone
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Recreational vehicle, boat, and ATV accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Accidents caused by auto defects
- Seat belt failure
- Sudden acceleration
- Brake failure
Car Accident Resources:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Distracted Driver Accident
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- New Mexico Car Accidents
- New Mexico Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Rear-End Collisions
- Recreational Vehicle Accident
- School Zone Accident
- Senior Driver Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Texas And New Mexico Residents Injured in An Arizona Car Accident
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident While Visiting Mexico? Se Habla Español.
If you were injured in an auto accident across the border in Mexico or border town, our El Paso auto accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your medical and financial damages.
El Paso auto accident lawyer can also help Mexican citizens injured in an accident caused by negligence while visiting the United States.
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, we believe it does matter where your accident occurred. You are going to need help pursuing the financial outcome you deserve from the liable party’s insurance company for your injuries.
Our auto accident attorneys in El Paso focus on providing solutions for our clients, so they can focus on the physical and emotional recovery while we allocate our extensive resources to pursuing the financial outcome they deserve.
The Ruhmann Law Firm also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Dog Bite
- Elder Abuse
- Hit and Run Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Negligent Security
- New Mexico Workers’ Compensation
- Nursing Home Abuse in New Mexico
- Oil Rig Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Texas Non-Subscriber Claims
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
If you have been injured due to any of these circumstances, we would like to discuss your case to learn more about how our personal injury lawyers in El Paso can help you recover, so you do not have to face the negligent party or their insurance company alone.
Contact Our Experienced El Paso Car Accident Attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm Today
To arrange a free initial consultation, contact our El Paso auto accident lawyers online or call (915) 845-4529. From offices in El Paso, our motor vehicle accident attorneys protect the interests of clients in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. Our clients are never responsible for our attorney fees unless we successfully obtain compensation on their behalf.
- Passenger Dies in a Fatal Car Crash
- Texas car accident causes injury to 4 people in Waco
- Unyielding Car Kills Man in El Paso Motorcycle Accident
- Driver barrels over seawall causes a car crash that kills 1
- Fatal car accident in Texas leaves 1 dead, injures others
- Motorcyclist killed in a car wreck, no charges filed yet
- Texas car accident leaves teenager dead
- Car wreck caused by U-turning vehicle sends 1 to hospital
- A car crash with a train leaves 10 dead and others injured
- Car accident in El Paso kills the driver and injures 2 passengers
- Can a driver on their cell phone be responsible for my car wreck?
- How Expensive is it to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso, Texas?
- Should I Call the Insurance Company Before My Attorney After a Car Accident?