Ruhmann Law Firm is offering their annual scholarship for pre-law and first-year law students. The scholarship is for $500 offered to a student to help pay for tuition and other education-related expenses. It is open to eligible students who will be attending school in the United States. The recipient must submit an essay no longer than 1,000 words on a topic related to the area of law they wish to practice.
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have other legal standing allowing them to work in the U.S.
- Have been accepted into a U.S. college or law school
- Will be enrolling in a U.S. undergraduate pre-law program, or entering law school for the first time during the fall semester of 2023
- Have high scholastic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 3.0 or above
The scholarship application form below must be accompanied by:
- Essay up to 1,000 words
- Complete high school transcripts, or undergraduate transcripts for first-year law applicants
- Proof of acceptance to a university in the U.S.
- Proof the applicant is a legal resident of the United States (birth certificate / permanent resident card preferred)
- The scholarship will be issued in the form of a $500 check directly to the student
- Receipts will be required to show the funds were used exclusively for tuition or school-related costs, in accordance with the IRS
- The recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Winners will be notified during the last week of February 2024
The deadline to submit scholarship applications is December 31, 2023. Please do not call our law firm about this scholarship. Only applications submitted online via the following form are eligible for the award.