Skilled Personal Injury Attorney in Sierra Blanca, TX
Rising high above most of Texas and sitting at 4,520 feet above sea level is the community of Sierra Blanca. Part of Hudspeth County, Sierra Blanca was founded in 1881 after the southern transcontinental railway was completed. At that time, it served as a junction point between the Southern Pacific railroad and the Missouri Pacific railroad.
Those who have skirted along the US-Mexican border on interstate 10 have likely passed through Sierra Blanca and noticed the area’s iconic white tipped mountain. A large portion of the population – which as of the 2010 census was 553 residents – work in service-related occupations which cater to visitors and those who are passing through.
Though small in population, the community has been in the news more than once and often due to drug-related charges. In 2012, singer Fiona apple was arrested for the possession of hashish and marijuana and spent a night in the Sierra Blanca jail. Within weeks, rapper Nelly and his crew were caught harboring 10 pounds of marijuana, heroin and a loaded gun. Armie Hammer, Willie Nelson, and Snoop Dog have also all been arrested for possession of marijuana.
Wrongful Death and Pharmaceuticals: Where Do You Stand?
One of the most common wrongful death claims made in the United States today are those involving what victims believed to be tried, tested, and trustworthy pharmaceutical drugs. These cases typically fall into one of three categories:
- Pharmaceutical drugs which have manufactured defectively: These pharmaceuticals have been improperly manufactured or were tainted throughout the process (this includes during the shipping and labeling process)
- Pharmaceutical drugs which have dangerous side effects: While properly manufactured, these approved pharmaceutical drugs have side effects which result in injury or death. In some situations, defense attorneys are able to prove that the manufacturer of the drug knew it was dangerous, yet deliberately concealed that information.
- Pharmaceutical drugs which are improperly marketed: “Marketing” refers to the instructions, the warnings or the recommendations for use of a drug. Pharmaceuticals which fall into this category did not provide adequate or accurate warnings regarding the usage or side effects of the drug
You Are Never Alone
The thought of entering into a battle against a “Big Pharma” drug company can be daunting, but the experienced attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm are prepared to hold those who are responsible for the untimely death of your loved one accountable.
If you suspect that a loved one has suffered a wrongful death due to the negligence of anyone, we invite you to contact us at (915) 845-4529 to arrange for a free initial consultation.
Directions to our texas Personal Injury Attorneys from Sierra Blanca
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Sierra Blanca, TX
Total Est. Time: 1h 34mins
Total Est. Distance: 96.4 mi
- Head northwest on El Paso St toward Farm to Market Rd 1111/Ranch Rd 1111
- Turn left onto Farm to Market Rd 1111/Ranch Rd 1111
- Turn right toward I-10 W
- Take the ramp onto I-10 W
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Take exit 13 toward Sunland Park Dr
- Merge onto US-85 N
- Take the Sunland Park Dr exit
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Sunland Park Mall and merge onto Sunland Park Dr
- Continue onto Shadow Mountain Dr
- Turn right onto Silver Springs Dr
- Make a U-turn at Diamond Point Cir
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
5915 Silver Springs Drive Bldg #1
El Paso, TX 79912