Rear-End Collisions Lawyer in El Paso & Las Cruces
Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car accidents, accounting for nearly one-third of all reported accidents in the United States. While they are often thought of as minor accidents, rear-end collisions can cause serious injuries, especially if they occur at high speeds.
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision in El Paso or Las Cruces, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. An El Paso car accident attorney from Ruhmann Law Firm can help you understand your legal rights and options, and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is the leading cause of car accidents in the United States. When drivers are distracted by their phones, texting, or other activities, they are more likely to rear-end the car in front of them.
- Tailgating: Tailgating is another common cause of rear-end collisions. When drivers follow too closely behind the car in front of them, they do not have enough time to react if that car suddenly stops or slows down.
- Speeding: Speeding gives drivers less time to react to hazards on the road, and it can make it more difficult to stop in time to avoid a rear-end collision.
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers are more likely to make mistakes, such as tailgating or speeding, which can lead to rear-end collisions.
- Poor weather conditions: Poor weather conditions, such as rain, snow, and fog, can reduce visibility and make it more difficult for drivers to see and react to hazards on the road.
Injuries Caused by Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions can cause a variety of injuries, including:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury caused by rear-end collisions. It occurs when the head is suddenly thrown back and forth, causing neck and shoulder pain.
- Back injuries: Back injuries are another common injury caused by rear-end collisions. They can range from minor muscle strains to serious herniated discs.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can be very serious, even if they are not immediately apparent. If you have hit your head in a rear-end collision, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can also occur in rear-end collisions, especially if the collision occurs at high speed.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries can be difficult to diagnose and can be very serious. If you have any pain or discomfort after a rear-end collision, it is important to see a doctor to rule out any internal injuries.
What to Do After a Rear-End Collision
If you have been involved in a rear-end collision, it is important to follow these steps:
- Check for injuries: If you or your passengers are injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move to a safe location: If possible, move your car to a safe location off the road. If you cannot move your car, turn on your hazard lights and wait for help to arrive.
- Exchange information with the other driver: Exchange contact information, insurance information, and license plate numbers with the other driver.
- Call the police: Even if you do not think anyone is seriously injured, it is a good idea to call the police to file a report. This will create a record of the accident and can be helpful if you need to file an insurance claim.
- Take pictures of the damage: Take pictures of the damage to your car and the other driver’s car. This will be helpful if you need to file an insurance claim.
- Contact a car accident attorney: A car accident attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision, a car accident attorney from Ruhmann Law Firm can help you in a number of ways, including:
- Investigating the accident: An attorney will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault and what caused the accident. This information will be essential for building a strong case.
- Filing an insurance claim: An attorney can help you file an insurance claim and negotiate with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve.
- Filing a lawsuit: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, an attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Contact Our Rear-End Collisions Attorney in El Paso & Las Cruces Today
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision in El Paso or Las Cruces, contact the experienced El Paso personal injury attorneys at Ruhmann Law Firm today. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Car Accident Resources:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Distracted Driver Accident
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- New Mexico Car Accidents
- New Mexico Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Recreational Vehicle Accident
- School Zone Accident
- Senior Driver Accidents
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Texas And New Mexico Residents Injured in An Arizona Car Accident