Personal Injury Attorney La Mesa
The state of New Mexico is home to a number of small communities which boast the historical Spanish architecture which once was common across the state and much of the southwest. The community known as La Mesa in New Mexico’s Dona Ana County is one of these places which gives residents and those who visit a glimpse into New Mexico’s rich history.
The San Jose Church located within La Mesa features the classic Spanish Colonial architecture which once was the most prominent type of architecture in the area. Other buildings found in the area feature the classic “territorial style” and even more are now being built in a variety of “Contemporary Southwest” styles.
A Long Way to Travel
The county of Dona Ana has well over 200,000 people living within its borders, and the residents of La Mesa only account for 728 of them as of the 2010 census. There are not a great number of amenities located in the community, meaning that residents of this area must spend quite some time on the roads to get from one place to the next.
La Mesa is 30 minutes or so away from Las Cruces by the I-10, a highway which unfortunately has a track record for dastardly car accidents. There are a number of factors which contribute to the dangers of driving on the I-10:
- Many large trucks use the I-10 to travel across Arizona and New Mexico
- Drivers on the I-10 have often spent many hours on the road and may be suffering from fatigue
- Dust storms frequently plague the I-10, reducing visibility and increasing the chances of one being involved in a car accident
The speed limit has also just recently been increased form 70 to 75 miles per hour at the Texas state line, which may contribute to more deadly accidents.
Practice Defensive Driving
While we at the Ruhmann Law Firm know that not all accidents are preventable, a large number of them can be prevented by defensive driving.
- Stay focused and alert
- Be aware of everyone else on the road. Knowing where people are and how they are driving gives you greater control as you will be able to better anticipate the moves of another driver
- Follow the 4 second rule. When behind another vehicle, create enough space between yourself and another vehicle so that you can count to 4 before potentially hitting their car
Anyone who has been involved in a motor vehicle accident should seek medical assistance first, obtain any evidence they can second and make their third step a phone call to a trusted personal injury attorney.
Our attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm offer free consultations to those injured in motor vehicle accidents caused by the negligence of others. If your injuries mean you are unable to come to our offices, will come to you. We invite you to call us to schedule an initial no-obligation appointment at (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from La Mesa
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
La Mesa, NM
Total Est. Time: 1 h 13 mins
Total Est. Distance: 70.3 mi
- Head west on La Mesa toward N Florida Ave
- Turn left onto N Florida Ave
- Turn right onto Fairgrounds Rd
- Turn left onto N White Sands Blvd
- Continue onto US-70 W
- Keep left to stay on US-70 W
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn left onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005