Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney Dona Ana County, TX
Nestled in New Mexico’s south-west corner is Dona Ana County. The county sits right between Chihuahua State in Mexico and western Texas. Believed to have been named after a Spanish matron, Dona Ana has welcomed travelers between Mexico City and Santa Fe for well over 400 years.
Today Dona Ana County is the second largest county in the whole state of New Mexico. Just under 210,000 people lived in the area as of the 2010 census, with nearly 40% of the households having children under the age of 18.
DUIs Higher Among Young Drivers
Dona Ana County is fairly young, with the median age being 30 years of age. In terms of vehicular accidents involving impaired drivers, this statistically puts the county at a greater risk than other areas.
- In 2013, it is believed that the total drivers killed with a BAC equal to or above 0.08% in New Mexico was 34%
- On a national scale that year, 1/3 (33%) of drivers who had a BAC level of 0.08% or higher and were involved in deadly accidents were between the age of 21 and 24 years. Nearly 1/3 (29%) were between the ages of 25 and 24, and just under 1/4 (24%) were between the ages of 35 and 44
- 17% of traffic deaths which involved an alcohol impaired driver prematurely ended the lives of children between the ages of 0 and 14
What to Expect If You Are Hit by a DUI Driver
While being hit by a DUI driver does not mean that you will instantly win your injury claim, there is a very good chance that you will. Juries have no sympathy for drunk drivers, so if you were to go to trial, the drunk driver would almost certainly lose.
Most cases do not go to trial, but victims of DUI drivers must be aware that their insurance company will try to settle with them as soon as possible. The insurer will not want to go to trial as they will then likely pay more than the settlement amount, so they will offer a bit more in compensation for a DUI case – but it may not be enough to cover a plaintiff’s long term injuries.
This is why at the Ruhmann Law Firm we strongly advise drivers or pedestrians who have been hit by a DUI driver to seek legal counsel. We offer free consultations to anyone who finds themselves in any vehicle-related accident and will go over the likely outcome of your case.
Whether you settle or go to trial, our experienced personal injury attorneys are here to protect you. We invite you to call us today at (915) 845-4529 to arrange for your free initial consultation.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Dona Ana County
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Dona Ana County, NM
Total Est. Time: 42 mins
Total Est. Distance: 20.1 mi
- Head east on Co Rd D65
- Turn right
- Turn right onto Outback Dr
- Turn right onto Holman Rd
- Turn right onto Bataan Memorial W
- Take the ramp on the left onto US-70 W
- Keep left to stay on US-70 W
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn left onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005