NM, Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Carlsbad
The city of Carlsbad in New Mexico’s Eddy County is a tourist town which attracts the attention of national and international travelers each and every year.
The Carlsbad Cavern National Park is arguably the most popular draw to the area with the cave tours being the biggest attraction in the area. The nearby Guadalupe Mountains National park and the Lincoln National Fores which is northwest to Carlsbad are two popular spots for nature watching and hiking.
The majority of the 26,138 individuals living within the borders of Carlsbad, New Mexico are almost of “working age”. According to the same census, those aged 18 to 64 accounted for 58.9% of the Carlsbad population and the median age of those living within the city’s borders are 39.4 years of age.
Carlsbad, New Mexico has a variety of different jobs available, from office and administrative jobs to labor intensive jobs. Unfortunately, every type of occupation comes with its own set of risks and hazards for employees.
The Top 5 Causes Behind Workplace Injury
Liberty Mutual recently examined claims data from 2012 which revealed the most common workplace injuries which those working in Carlsbad and beyond may face in the workplace.
The top 5 leading causes of workplace injuries:
- Overexertion (this relates to lifting, pulling, pushing, holding, throwing or carrying objects. It can also pertain to bending, reaching, twisting, climbing, crawling, stepping, sitting, standing or walking)
- Falls on the same level (such as a slip, trip or fall)
- Being struck by an object or a piece of equipment
- Falls onto a lower level
- Incidents on a roadway involving a motorized land vehicle
Other primary causes behind a workplace injury included a slip or trip without falling, being caught or compressed by equipment or object, and repetitive motion injuries.
Managing a Workplace Injury
The first step an employee should take is informing his or her supervisor or manager of any injury and making sure that it is recorded. At that point a worker should be asked to fill out paperwork regarding the incident, and your employer should do likewise.
In many workplace injuries, further intervention is not required. But if your employer is protesting the claim, if you do not feel the compensation is sufficient or if you have suffered a significant injury, legal assistance may be required.
The attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm are by their clients’ sides every step of the way and will provide you with the counsel and defense you need in order to receive the compensation you deserve.
We sit down with each and every potential client to discuss their workplace injury, and we invite you to contact us today for a free personalized consultation at (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Carlsbad
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 3 h 17 mins
Total Est. Distance: 208 mi
- Head north on N Canal St toward W Stevens St
- Turn right onto W Stevens St
- Turn right onto N Canyon St
- Turn right onto Plaza St
- Slight left onto San Jose Blvd
- Slight right onto US-180 W/US-62 W
- Turn right onto Joe Battle Blvd
- Merge onto TX-375 Loop E
- Turn right onto Desert Blvd N
- Take the ramp on the left onto I-10 W/US-180 W/US-85 N
- Keep left at the fork to continue on I-10 W
- Take exit 140 for NM-28/Avenida De Mesilla
- Turn right onto NM-28 N/Avenida de Mesilla (signs for New Mexico 28 N/Ave de Mesilla)
- Turn left onto S Valley Dr
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn right onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
- Las Cruces, NM
- El Paso County, TX
- Albuquerque, NM
- Pecos, TX
- Socorro, TX
- Alamogordo, NM
- Silver City, NM
- Deming, NM
- Fort Stockton, TX
- Dona Ana County, NM
- Hobbs, NM
- Sierra Blanca, TX
- Los Lunas, NM
- La Mesa, TX
- University Park, TX
- Sierra County, NM
- Truth or Consequences, NM
- Otero County, NM
- Nogales, AZ
- Green Valley, AZ
- Tuscon, AZ
- Benson, AZ
- Pearce, AZ
- Eddy County, NM
- Lea County, NM
- Lincoln County, NM