The heart of Luna County, New Mexico is the city of Deming. Located 60 miles west of Las Cruces and 33 miles north of the Mexico-USA border, a lot of traffic enters through, and moves past, Deming.
According to the 2010 census there were 14,855 inhabitants in this quiet and economically stable community. Deming was founded in1881 and was later incorporated in 1902, and was once called “New Chicago” based on the expected growth the area would enjoy thanks to the building of the transcontinental railroad.
The area is also named after the wife of Charles Crocker, one of the most prolific individuals in the American rail road industry.
Pedestrian Casualties an Unnecessary Occurrence in Deming, NM
In almost every case in which we hear that a pedestrian has been injured, we can see a number of ways in which that collision, that injury, or even that fatality, could have been avoided. Having been to Deming ourselves, we know first hand how much pedestrian traffic there is in the area and how important it is to protect those who traveling by foot.
What to Do After an Accident in Deming
Regardless of who may be at fault, the first step is to ensure the safety of anyone who may be in an unsafe situation. After that, call 911 and make sure that the individual who has been hit or injured receives appropriate medical attention and care.
This is where our expert personal attorneys usually step in. Once the medical treatment has been received and the emotions are not running as high, we receive phone calls from concerned loved ones and from injured parties about what has happened and what they should do next.
Our personal injury attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm are experienced in building cases for individuals, though a few key pieces of information can help to support your claim:
- Exchange contact information with all parties involved (if one of the people involved is incapacitated, wait for someone to arrive who can represent them)
- Do not admit guilt. Admission of guilt, even by saying that you feel “bad” or “guilty” about what has happened, can make it more difficult for you to win your case
- Write down the details of the accident as soon as you are able
- Take photographs
- Pedestrian accidents do happen in Deming and of course throughout the rest of the United States. The key is to make sure that you are appropriately defended so that fault rightfully lays in the lap of those who should own it
Call Our Deming Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
We ask anyone who has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Deming or in the Greater El Paso region to contact our professional personal injury attorneys here at the Ruhmann Law Firm to learn more about their rights, and to devise a winning case management strategy which will result in the receipt of a fair amount of compensation in court.
We welcome your contact us online or call us today at (575) 525-8542 to arrange for your free consultation.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Deming
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 55 mins
Total Est. Distance: 58.8 mi
- Head west on E Pine St toward N Gold Ave
- Turn right onto N Gold Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto E Cedar St
- Take the ramp onto I-10 E
- Merge onto I-10 E
- Take exit 135 for US-70 E toward W Picacho Ave
- Continue onto US-70 E
- Turn right onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
- Las Cruces, NM
- El Paso County, TX
- Albuquerque, NM
- Pecos, TX
- Socorro, TX
- Alamogordo, NM
- Silver City, NM
- Fort Stockton, TX
- Dona Ana County, NM
- Hobbs, NM
- Sierra Blanca, TX
- Los Lunas, NM
- La Mesa, TX
- University Park, TX
- Carlsbad, NM
- Sierra County, NM
- Truth or Consequences, NM
- Otero County, NM
- Nogales, AZ
- Green Valley, AZ
- Tuscon, AZ
- Benson, AZ
- Pearce, AZ
- Eddy County, NM
- Lea County, NM
- Lincoln County, NM