Los Lunas is located in New Mexico’s Valencia County and is part of the Albuquerque Metropolitan Statistical Area. Nearly 15,000 individuals reside within this village which is well known for the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone, a mysterious large piece of rock which has an abridged version of the Ten Commandments carved into it in Paleo-Hebrew.
The Los Lunas Decalogue or “Mystery” Stone is not the area’s only claim to fame. During and after World War II, a bombing range operated by the United States Army Air Force was located in the area. Los Lunas is also home to the Nebula Award-winning author Walter Jon Williams and the village was featured on two episodes of the hit HBO series, “Breaking Bad”.
Convenient Location Near Dangerous Highways
Part of what makes Los Lunas such a desirable area is that it is well connected by roads and highways. It is directly on State Highway 6 and is just east of Interstate 25. By vehicle, those living in Los Lunas can head north and be in Albuquerque in under half an hour.
In 2012, there were 66,666 motorcycles registered within all of New Mexico. Many of these motorcycles have travelled to and through Los Lunas, an area which while not statistically any more dangerous than other areas of the United States, still does carry a heightened risk for motorcyclists.
A Dangerous Time to Be a Rider
In the year 2013, 13% of all motor vehicle crash deaths were motorcycle deaths.
- 4,381 motorcyclists died in crashes that year
- Motorcycle deaths have decreased and increased throughout the years. In 2013, there was a 7% decrease in motorcycle crash deaths from the year previous
- Individuals who are 50 years or older most frequently suffer from crash related deaths. Those between 30 and 39 years of age are the least likely to die
- 91% of motorcyclists who died in 2013 were male
Guard Your Rights
Motorcycle cases can be incredibly complex, which is why we recommend that motorcyclists or those who have been in an accident involving a motorcyclists seek a professional personal injury attorney such as us here at the Ruhmann Law Firm.
A number of issues may be at play, including:
- A violation of traffic laws
- Failure to yield to a motorcyclist
- Driving under the influence
- Following too closely
If you or someone you know has suffered a loss because of a motorcycle-related incident, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with one of the attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm, by calling (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Los Lunas
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Los Lunas, NM
Total Est. Time: 2h 48 mins
Total Est. Distance: 202 mi
- Head north on Luna Ave SE toward Main St SE
- Turn left onto NM-6 W/Main St SE
- Turn left to merge onto I-25 S
- Merge onto I-25 S
- Take exit 6 for US-70 toward Las Cruces/Alamogordo
- Turn right onto US-70 W/N Main St
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn left onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005