Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Las Cruces at the Ruhmann Law Firm know that at some point each day, we are all on foot. Whether we are walking to our cars, grabbing lunch, or running errands, walking is an integral part of our movements.
Unfortunately, several factors contribute to pedestrians being hit, injured, or killed each year throughout New Mexico, including the 83 people who lost their lives while on foot throughout the state last year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The reality is, pedestrian fatalities – totaling more than 6,200 deaths last year nationwide – are on the rise throughout the country, according to the NHTSA accounting for a stunning 17% of all traffic fatalities in the nation.
As states — including ours — grapple with ways to keep pedestrians safe, and lower these devastating numbers, our Dona Ana County pedestrian accident attorneys are doing our part to provide clients with the legal representation they need to hold the drivers who are causing these devastating crashes liable for their damages.
Getting hurt or losing a loved one in a pedestrian accident is life-changing. If this has happened to you, contact our skilled pedestrian accident attorneys in Las Cruces today to learn how we can help you pursue the negligent party for your full financial recovery during a free consultation.
Why are Pedestrian Accidents Increasing Throughout Las Cruces, New Mexico?
Most pedestrians assume that if they are using sidewalks, crosswalks, and intersections properly, they are safe from harm. Unfortunately, even when our residents are doing everything right, it only takes one negligent motorist to change the entire landscape of a pedestrian’s future.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Las Cruces include motorists:
- Driving distracted
- Making improper turns
- Disregarding traffic patterns
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Driving without enough rest or sleep
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to stop or yield at a pedestrian right of way, including crosswalks
- Entering, exiting, or reversing parking areas before checking their surroundings
Getting hit by a car in New Mexico leaves our clients severely often catastrophically injured. They deserve to have a legal advocate by their side to pursue the negligent driver for their full financial recovery. That is what our Las Cruces pedestrian accident attorneys provide. Call us now to learn how we can help you.
Las Cruces Pedestrian Accidents and Injuries Change Lives
Nearly 130,000 people nationwide were treated in emergency rooms last year after being injured in pedestrian accidents.
The most widely reported pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Dislocated joints
- Fractured, broken, or crushed bones
- Torn tendons, muscles, and ligaments
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Wrongful death
Getting hit by a car is life-changing, even when our clients can fully recover from their injuries. The truth is, getting hit by a car requires lengthy medical care and extended time away from work that leaves our clients without a paycheck while they try to get their lives back on track. We can help Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights and options to hold the negligent party liable for your full financial recovery.
What Damages Can I Pursue from the Negligent Driver Who Caused My Las Cruces Pedestrian Accident?
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in Las Cruces will evaluate your unique case during a free consultation to help you determine the overall damages you may be entitled to for your unique pedestrian accident injuries.
Financial recovery options may include:
- Property damage
- Current and future medical care needs
- Lost wages and diminished working capacity
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn the value of your case, and how our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers can help you pursue the best outcome for your unique injury needs.
How Can Drivers Help Keep Pedestrians Safe in New Mexico?
Our New Mexico motorists and drivers across the country owe pedestrians a duty of care when they are behind the wheel.
There are multiple ways motorists can help lower our Las Cruces pedestrian accidents, including:
- Never passing vehicles stopped at crosswalks
- Never driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Slowing down and using caution at night or during fog or rain
- Stopping at all crosswalks where individuals have the right of way
- Always keeping their eyes on the road, and never driving distracted
- Avoiding high speeds in high pedestrian traffic areas, school zones, and neighborhoods
What Can Pedestrians Do to Remain Safe on our Las Cruces Roadways?
Pedestrians can proactively and safely get from Point A to Point B by following a few safety tips, including keeping a watchful eye on traffic patterns.
Additional pedestrian safety tips include:
- Crossing streets at intersections and crosswalks
- Obeying all signs and signals, to avoid entering dangerous traffic patterns
- Avoiding alcohol and drugs when walking, so your judgment is not impaired
- Wearing reflective material, lights, or brightly colored clothing when walking at night
- Walking with your head up, instead of down at a cellphone or another electronic device
- Walking on sidewalks, when they are available or walking while facing traffic when sidewalks are not available
Walkers should keep a sharp eye out for motorists who may not be paying attention by ensuring drivers make eye contact with them before they cross the street, so they know they see them. Never assume a driver knows you are there, even if you are crossing with the light at a crosswalk.
Contact Our Skilled Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico for a Free Consultation Today
If you have been injured or tragically lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers in Las Cruces today to schedule a free consultation by calling (575) 526-4529.
If we do not produce a positive result for your case, you do not pay our legal fees.