Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Albuquerque, New Mexico
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Albuquerque are alarmed by the growing rate of fatalities that are occurring when a motor vehicle collides with a rider on our roadways.
Our Bernalillo County motorcycle accident lawyers know that most of these collisions are caused by two crash facts. First, drivers are not giving riders space and respect they deserve on our roadways. Motorcyclists have the same rights to the road as larger passenger vehicle drivers and should be given the same courtesy as a larger car, truck, or SUV would demand.
Next, drivers are simply not looking for motorcycles traveling nearby, which means they are colliding with them without notice. All drivers are required to check their surroundings before pulling onto a road or highway when changing lanes, or turning. When they fail to properly check blind spots before maneuvering their vehicles, motorcycles are the ones paying the price.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a motorcycle collision in New Mexico, contact our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers in Albuquerque today to schedule a free consultation to learn how you can pursue the negligent driver who caused your damages liable for your full financial recovery.
What are the Major Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
When drivers are not looking for motorcycles, tragic accidents can occur without notice. However, there are many other factors that can lead to motorcycle collisions that lead to catastrophic injuries and tragic deaths in New Mexico.
The major causes of motorcycle accidents in Albuquerque may include, but are not limited to:
- Drivers who disobey traffic signs and signals
- Drivers making left turns in front of a motorcyclist
- Unsafe lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive and reckless driving
- Reversing a vehicle without looking
If you have been injured on a motorcycle in New Mexico, contact our dedicated Albuquerque personal injury lawyers to learn how we can help you pursue the negligent driver who caused your collision, so together we can achieve the maximum recovery outcome for your unique case.
Our Albuquerque Personal Injury Attorneys also focus on the following practice areas:
- Dog Bite
- Pedestrian Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Elder Abuse
- Hit and Run Accident
- Negligent Security
- New Mexico Workers’ Compensation
- Nursing Home Abuse in New Mexico
- Oil Rig Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Texas Non-Subscriber Claims
What are the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Albuquerque know that not all injuries occur during collisions. Some are the result of motorcyclists avoiding a reckless driver, which requires quick braking, or other maneuvers that result in the rider being thrown from their bike, which can lead to significant injuries.
Some of the most common injuries that occur during motorcycle accidents in Albuquerque include, but are not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament tears
- Neck and spine injuries
- Facial fractures
- Injuries to extremities
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Loss of limbs
- Road rash that requires skin grafting
- Burn injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful death
Getting hurt in a motorcycle accident in New Mexico does not have to define your future. At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our motorcycle crash attorneys provide straightforward legal advice that allows our clients to make informed decisions about the direction of their cases, so we can pursue the best outcome available for their complete injury needs.
What Type of Compensation Can I Pursue After a Motorcycle Accident in New Mexico?
All motorcycle accident injuries are unique. So is the way those injuries affect each of our client’s life.
That is why our Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys customize legal strategies that fit your complete recovery needs, so you can pursue the compensation you deserve.
That may include pursuing compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity when your injuries impact your ability to return to work
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
What Can I Do to Remain Safe While Riding a Motorcycle in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
There are several ways motorcyclists can help keep themselves safe while traveling our New Mexico roadways.
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Select a Motorcycle that Fits Your Physical Size and Riding Experience
- Inspect Your Motorcycle Before Each Ride
- Wear Properly Fitting Safety Gear
- Obey All Motorcycle and Traffic Laws
- Never Ride a Motorcycle Under the Influence of Alcohol
What Can Drivers Do to Avoid Colliding with Motorcyclists in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
As motorcycle accidents continue to increase throughout New Mexico, it is important that all motorists do their part to avoid colliding with riders on our city streets, highways, and rural roads.
Motorists can help avoid these collisions by:
- Always looking twice for motorcyclists riding nearby
- Avoiding distracted driving at all costs
- Checking blind spots and mirrors before passing or changing lanes
- Using turn signals
- Slowing down and obeying posted speed limits and/or driving conditions
- Staying back while traveling behind a motorcycle to maintain a safe following distance
- Giving motorcyclists room when passing by moving over to the passing lane
Contact Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a Free Consultation Today
Getting hurt in a motorcycle collision can change your life, and we can help you get it back on track by pursuing the at-fault driver for your complete financial recovery. Contact our dedicated Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Firm today at 505-388-9500 for a free consultation.