Motorcyclist killed in car wreck
A Texas family is without a son and a brother after a fatal wreck killed a 23-year-old man. The ultimate cause of the car wreck is still unclear at this time, but Texas police are continuing the investigation. Despite the death that was involved, no charges have been filed yet.
The man was on his motorcycle on a Sunday afternoon, and had apparently slowed as he was exiting Interstate 10. The vehicle in front of him had slowed at a yield sign to allow a truck with the right-of-way to pass. A pickup truck that was also on the exit ramp rammed into the back of the motorcycle.
Even though he was reported to be wearing a helmet, the collision was ultimately fatal. The driver wasn’t arrested, and police have so far ruled out alcohol as having any role in the accident. The victim’s family noted that, at the time of the wreck, he was acting appropriately. That may make his death even more difficult to deal with.
Unfortunately, even when motorcyclists wear proper safety gear and follow the rules of the road, distracted or negligent drivers of larger motor vehicles can put them at serious risk for catastrophic or even fatal injuries. The devastation of losing a loved one in what could have possibly been an avoidable car wreck may be a tragedy that a family will never truly come to terms with, and the matter can be complicated even further by unexpected financial burdens such as funeral expenses and related medical bills. For some victims in Texas, families play a crucial role in seeking justice on behalf of their estate through the successful litigation of a wrongful death claim against those parties deemed responsible for the tragedy.
- Passenger Dies in a Fatal Car Crash
- Unyielding Car Kills Man in El Paso Motorcycle Accident
- Driver barrels over seawall, causes car crash that kills 1
- Texas car accident causes injury to 4 people in Waco
- Fatal car accident in Texas leaves 1 dead, injures others
- Texas car accident leaves teenager dead
- Car wreck caused by U-turning vehicle sends 1 to hospital
- Car crash with train leaves 10 dead and others injured
- Car accident in El Paso kills driver and injures 2 passengers
- Can a driver on their cell phone be responsible for my car wreck?