Just north of the Texas state line is Eddy County. Established in 1891, Eddy County has a well documented past which involves massive oil and potash discoveries, and it is home to the world renowned Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
Charles B. Eddy first arrived in the area with his brother and partner Amos Bissell in 1881. Within a decade the men were able to attract the attention of global investors and build a number of canals, flumes and ditches which diverted water to the ranches and properties of the area, many of which had thousands of cattle.
Eddy was eventually incorporated on September 15, 1888 and in 1891, the very first railroad train chuffed through what was then only a town.
A Rich And Diverse Economy
The rail line which crossed through the town brought even more investors and more settlers to the area. The economy quickly grew and many businesses have now set up shop in Eddy County.
Today the county is home to over 54,000 people and the median age is 36 years old. Many of those who live within the borders of Eddy County work in Carlsbad or surrounding communities. While many will have a successful and injury-free day at the job, there will be a number of individuals who will be coming home with injuries – or who will not make it home at all – sometimes of a slip and fall injury.
Slip-and-Fall Injuries Can Be Devastating
To many, the idea of slipping and falling may not seem all too serious, but depending on the victim’s health, age, and where one lands during such an injury, a person can suffer temporary, permanent or even fatal injuries.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that:
- In 2009, 212,760 workers were serious injured by slipping and falling to the same or a lower level
- The highest frequency of non-fatal injuries were associated with wholesale, retail and health service industries
- In the same year, 605 workers were killed because of a slip and fall injury
- The construction industry experienced the greatest number of fall-related fatalities
Offices and work sites need to be doing more to ensure that their employees are protected rather than try to protect their bottom line by not investing in appropriate safety gear and equipment.
Our attorneys at the Ruhmann Law Group believe that every worker who goes into work deserves to come home safe and sound at the end of the day. If you have been injured or have lost a family member because of a slip and fall injury, we will work tirelessly to ensure that you are compensated for your losses and that responsible employers or manufacturers are brought to justice.
We invite you to call us today at (915) 845-4529.
Directions to our New Mexico Personal Injury Attorneys from Eddy County
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Eddy County, NM
Total Est. Time: 3 h 54 mins
Total Est. Distance: 211 mi
- Head northwest
- Turn right onto NM-137 N
- Turn left onto US-285 N
- Turn left onto W Fairground Rd
- Continue onto 26th St
- Turn left onto US-82 W/W Main St
- Continue onto Charlie Lee Memorial Relief Route
- Take the US-70 W ramp to Las Cruces
- Continue onto US-70 W/S White Sands Blvd
- Keep left to stay on US-70 W
- Turn right onto W Picacho Ave
- Turn left onto N Armijo St
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
837 North Armijo Street
Las Cruces, NM 88005