Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, New Mexico
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Albuquerque are growing increasingly concerned with the number of fatalities that are occurring to people on foot throughout the state.
Unfortunately, we are not alone. The NHTSA also reported over 6,200 pedestrian accident deaths throughout the country over the same period – the highest number in over three decades.
Since most of us are pedestrians at some point throughout the day, our Bernalillo County personal injury attorneys warn those on foot to keep a sharp eye out for distracted drivers, which may be the reason for the uptick in these tragic collisions that account for 17% of all traffic fatalities in the nation.
If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident, or lost a loved one to these tragic collisions, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers in Albuquerque today to discuss your case and learn how we can help you pursue the negligent party for the financial recovery you deserve.
What are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
As pedestrian accidents, injuries, and fatalities rise across the country, states are seeking positive changes in their infrastructure that will help keep residents on foot safe from negligent drivers.
Additional crosswalks and safer intersections may be the way to decrease pedestrian accidents throughout the state, but walkers also rely on drivers to operate their vehicles safely too.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Albuquerque include motorists:
- Failing to stop or yield at a pedestrian right of way, including crosswalks
- Driving distracted
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Disregarding traffic patterns
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Driving without enough rest or sleep
- Making improper turns
- Entering, exiting, or reversing parking areas without checking for pedestrians first
If you have been hit by a vehicle while on foot in New Mexico, contact our dedicated pedestrian accident attorneys in Albuquerque today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your injuries and overall recovery needs, so we can get started on your case right away.
Our Albuquerque Personal Injury Attorneys also focus on the following practice areas:
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Elder Abuse
- Hit and Run Accident
- Negligent Security
- New Mexico Workers’ Compensation
- Nursing Home Abuse in New Mexico
- Oil Rig Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Texas Non-Subscriber Claims
What are the Most Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
Approximately 130,000 were treated in emergency rooms across the country last year for pedestrian accident injuries.
Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries that were reported from those medical facilities were:
- Fractured, broken, or crushed bones
- Dislocated joints
- Torn tendons, muscles, and ligaments
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of mobility
- Wrongful death
Catastrophic injuries are not uncommon after a pedestrian accident, which will require long-term — or even life-long — medical care, rehabilitation, or in-home care that is expensive. When you combine your medical needs with your inability to work, your financial standing can be jeopardized quickly. We can help you pursue the negligent party that caused your injuries for your full financial recovery by contacting our skilled pedestrian accident lawyers in Albuquerque today to schedule a free consultation.
What Type of Financial Recovery Can I Pursue After an Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident?
At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Albuquerque assess each case based on each client’s unique injury needs before customizing the proper legal strategy that allows us to pursue results on their behalf.
Depending on your injuries, that may include:
- Current and future medical care needs
- Lost wages and diminished working capacity
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn the value of your case, and how our Albuquerque pedestrian accident lawyers can help you pursue the best outcome for your unique injury needs.
How Can I Help Stay Safe While Traveling on Foot in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
Walking with caution and proactively look for drivers who may not see you is a good start to remaining safe while on foot in Albuquerque.
Other safe walking tips include:
- Crossing streets at intersections and crosswalks
- Walking with your head up, not looking down at a cellphone or another electronic device
- Avoiding alcohol and drugs when walking, so your judgment is not impaired
- Obeying all signs and signals, to avoid entering dangerous traffic patterns
- Walking on sidewalks, when they are available or walking while facing traffic when sidewalks are not available
- Wearing reflective material, lights, or brightly colored clothing when walking at night
Never assume that a driver sees you, even if you are entering a crosswalk or with a green light at an intersection. Always look twice and use caution to identify distracted drivers who are not paying attention, so you do not end up in their path.
What Can Motorists Do to Help Lower Our New Mexico Pedestrian Accident Statistics?
Drivers have a duty to keep pedestrians safe, too.
Some ways they can help achieve that, and lower our Albuquerque pedestrian accident statistics include:
- Stopping at all crosswalks where individuals have the right of way
- Avoiding high speeds in high pedestrian traffic areas, school zones, and neighborhoods
- Never driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Never passing vehicles stopped at crosswalks
- Always keeping their eyes on the road, and never driving distracted
- Slowing down and using caution at night or during fog or rain
Contact Our Skilled Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a Free Consultation Today
Getting hurt or losing a loved one in a pedestrian accident is life-changing. At the Ruhmann Law Firm, our goal is to give our clients access to the skilled legal representation they need to pursue results, so they can confidently look toward the future.
Contact our dedicated personal injury attorneys in Albuquerque, New Mexico today at 505-388-9500 to schedule a free consultation. If we do not produce a positive result for your case, you do not pay our legal fees.
- Driver negligence a valid basis for a pedestrian accident claim
- Suing After Losing a Family Member to a Fatal Pedestrian Accident in New Mexico
- Texan Identified as Victim of Utah Auto-Pedestrian Accident
- Texas driver accused of fleeing the scene of pedestrian accident
- What Steps Need to Be Taken After a Pedestrian Accident?