Car Wreck Caused by U-Turning Vehicle Sends 1 to Hospital in Texas
A sometimes-necessary maneuver, U-turns should be completed with as much caution as necessary for current traffic conditions. According to reports, a Texas driver recently attempted to complete a U-turn on a state highway, but in doing so pulled in front of two other vehicles — including an 18 wheeler — and caused a car wreck. One individual ultimately ended up in the hospital.
Both the 18 wheeler and one other vehicle were driving northbound on Hwy 87 at the time of the wreck. A pickup truck that had a trailed hitched on back was also on the northbound side of the highway, but was pulled over to the shoulder at the time. As the two other vehicles approached, the pickup’s driver reportedly pulled onto the highway in order to make a U-turn. However, instead of completing the maneuver, he pulled straight in front of the two oncoming vehicles.
The 18 wheeler was unable to avoid the collision, and ended up hitting the backside of the pickup. The second oncoming vehicle managed to avoid the wreckage, but in doing so landed in a ditch. The driver of the 18 wheeler had to be transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries that he sustained in the accident. The other two drivers, including the one believed to have caused the wreck, were not injured.
Texas police cited the pickup driver for making an unsafe start from a stopped position. The driver of the 18 wheeler may be facing substantial medical bills related to the wreck; and although he may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits stemming from the wreck, a third-party personal injury claim can also be an appropriate course of action in some instances. Victims of a car wreck such as this retain the right to pursue a personal injury claim against the driver that caused the wreck that they suffered injuries in. If the claim is successfully litigated, they may receive compensation for medical bills and any potential long-lasting pain and suffering.
- Passenger Dies in a Fatal Car Crash
- Texas car accident causes injury to 4 people in Waco
- Unyielding Car Kills Man in El Paso Motorcycle Accident
- Driver barrels over seawall, causes car crash that kills 1
- Motorcyclist killed in car wreck, no charges filed yet
- Car accident in El Paso kills driver and injures 2 passengers
- Texas car accident leaves teenager dead
- Fatal car accident in Texas leaves 1 dead, injures others
- Car crash with train leaves 10 dead and others injured
- Can a driver on their cell phone be responsible for my car wreck?